Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Sweet 'n Savory Panini

Featuring Stonewall Kitchen's Fig & Walnut Butter (a Maine food I can't live without!), I introduce you to an amazing savory 'n sweet panini!  It is Fig Walnut, Mozerella and Prosciutto Panini that will make you melt entirely!  The combination of sweet Fig & Walnut butter with the salty Prosciutto is perfect.  Add oozing mozerella with a crisp ciabatta roll, and well, what more could you want? You don't even have to turn this into a panino, as the combination works well as antipasto at room temperature.  Chris thinks I should recommend it to Duckfat!

By the way, did you know that Panino is singular, and Panini is plural? Similarly, antipasto is singular, and antipasti is pural?  Aha!

Also, we enjoyed this Fig & Walnut Butter the other night with Ina Garten's Herb Marinated Pork in her new Back to Basics book.  It also went very well with the roasted butternut squash that we served on the side.  I would have posted pictures, but it was gone in a flash!

Stay tuned! And, please if you would be so kind, leave me comments on the blog (versus facebook!). Also, I am working on improving picture quality on this blog.


3 comments:

  1. Cate, this looks great I make something like it but will add the fig butter. Also looks like it would be good with carmalized onions.
    Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the panini you were telling me about. Yum...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried it and its WONDERFUL! Kudos!

    ReplyDelete